What is a body?
For me, this question brings up so much about the science of it all.
But right now it also brings up thoughts about what it means to have a body, and specifically what it means to have a body with Black skin.
If that question leads you there too, you’re not alone.
In this episode, let’s go back to the basics and talk about what a body is, what it means to have a body, and what it means to be in a body.
Find this episode for free on your favorite podcast player.
In this episode:
- The interconnected and interdependent nature of your body’s systems
- Envisioning the body as a container
- How our bodies carry the experiences of our lineages and environments
- How emphasis on the brain separates us from our bodies, our feelings, and each other
- An exercise for feeling into your body
- Dutch Hunger Winter
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America’s Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing, Joy A. Degruy
Follow Jennifer on Instagram: @bodyfulhealing